Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Hello world...

Hello there little blogosphere.  I am still here.  Still thinking.  Still writing in my mind nearly every day. Seems like I have so much to say, but when I sit down to put it into words, it just doesn't work for me.

We just took a lovely family vacation last week.  Just the kids and the husband and me.  And we needed it.  We had mostly good weather, but we managed to enjoy the rainy times as well, even spending some time on the beach in a light sprinkle.

David is officially a preteen complete with Iphone and unpredictable moodiness.  He's hot or cold these days with his crazy mama, so I relish in the moments when he's soft toward me.

Madalyn did her usual searching for shells.  We found some really lovely ones.  The shells always make my brain swim with thoughts of God's magnificent creation, this beautiful world we live in.  It seems so ugly and unfair and full of injustices sometimes, but as I examine the beauty of a tiny shell, it all makes perfect sense to me somehow.

Scott cut his foot the very first day we were there, and, most likely, he could have used a couple of stitches in it.  But we doctored it ourselves and used an entire bottle of peroxide and lots of little butterfly bandages.  He made the best of it, he really did.  And he never let the kids know how much it hurt him.  He's such an amazing daddy.

And me.  I enjoyed being away from the normal world.  I enjoyed watching the water and the birds.  I felt so close to God there at the sea's edge, closer than I had felt in a long time.  And I had a good talk with Him.  I know He's there.  I know she's there with Him.  I know He sees the whole picture, just like He knew that me and Madalyn would pick up shells that were made for a totally different purpose other than our enjoyment.  He's pretty amazing like that.

Summer ticks away.  I am hoping that with the beginning of a new school year in just a month I can get my brain back up and running and writing.


No comments: