Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Give thanks...

Three batches of cornbread made.  Need to mix in the ingredients for the dressing.
A batch of salted caramel and chocolate pretzel bark ready for breaking.
Batch of pecan pie cookies to bake today.
Bathrooms need to be cleaned, entire house straightened, floors vacuumed and or swept, kitchen mopped.
Need to map my cooking game plan for tomorrow since we are eating a few hours earlier.
Pictures for the holiday card to be taken today.

Got just a little to do.

In the midst of this busyness, there's a quiet whisper in my soul reminding me to soak it in.  Reminding me that in a blink of an eye, things can all change leaving my normal life looking totally different.  I glance back in my mind to last year, last Thanksgiving, and I miss what was normal then.

Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.  {1 Thessalonians 5:16-18}

Give an extra hug tomorrow.  Maybe a little longer hug than normal.
Take more pictures.
Let the dishes lie where they may until the guests are gone.
Soak it in, my friends.  Enjoy.  Laugh.  Love deeply.
And in it all, give thanks to the God of all Creation, our Strength, our Portion, our All.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Beautiful thoughts, Tamara. Praying that you and your family will have a happy, peaceful Thanksgiving filled with wonderful and funny memories of your mom and others who aren't at your table this year. Looking forward to the Ultimate Thanksgiving feast that we'll all enjoy together in Heaven someday!

P.S. If you need someone to sample the salted caramel bark, I'll volunteer... :)