Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Homesick...

I popped in the Mercy Me CD this morning as I headed down 65 south to see my dad.  We were picking up my grandmother to visit the graveside and then eat lunch.  What a day out, huh?

I liked the first song, skipped through a few more that didn't do much for me, and landed on track number 6.  I've heard the song before, but the first line of the song stuck straight through my heart like a dagger.

To understand it even more deeply, I must tell you that the CD came from my mother's car.  

There are pieces of her everywhere, but the pieces still aren't enough.  I miss her so deeply.  I long to hear her voice.  Just to talk to her.  Nothing fancy.  Just to be in her presence and have a moment.  I hope one day, once the grief thins out a little, that these pieces she left behind will sustain me.  Until then, this song really says it all.  And I can't help but think God left it behind for me to hear.



2 comments:

cstrickland said...

Wow...that says it all! I do pray that one day soon these moments will bring joy to your heart and that the sadness will be tucked away. Love you sweet girl.....

Erika Kaplan said...

Well, I can't listen to it now as I just burst into tears reaching for a cookie, but I'm glad you gleaned some comfort from the music. Love you!