Friday, January 20, 2012

You are loved...

I don't talk much about my little crafting adventure here, but I just had to share this one with my bloggy friends!  This is one of my favorite pieces I have made so far, and it's all about the meaning behind it.


Do you know that you are loved?  As in every second of every single day.  No matter what.  That's something that I missed along the way somehow.  I never really understood that God loved me despite of my sin, and I spent years spinning like a top on a slick hard surface.  Spinning, spinning, spinning.

So, today, rest in the knowledge that you are loved.  Even if your own child just screamed, "I HATE YOU!" in your face.  Even if you're fighting with your husband.  Even if you've lost a friendship you thought would never fade.  Those are all earthly loves.  They've got nothing on the real deal.

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.  {John 3:16}

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this:  While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.  {Romans 5:8}

But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive in Christ even when we were dead in transgressions - it is by grace that you have been saved.  {Ephesians 2:4-5}

No comments: