Monday, January 30, 2012

I have opened up my laptop to type more times than can I can count in the past few days.  I have so many things to say, so many things running through my mind, but not the words to put them all prettily into focus.

I am not quite sad, but a little bit.
I am stressed out beyond belief, but not over taken by my circumstances.
I am striving, but not quite reaching my mark.
I am battling so many things, but not really winning a single one.

See why I am having difficulty writing these days?  I am confusing myself, so I know I would confuse you.

Instead, I will just share a passage with you all here that encompasses who my grandmother was, therefore it has become my legacy.  I define legacy by something which is to be inherited.  Something that will be left behind for you even when a person is gone.  Something for me to take hold of, claim as mine, because of a loved one.

From Proverbs 31...

25 She is clothed with strength and dignity; 
   she can laugh at the days to come. 
26 She speaks with wisdom, 
   and faithful instruction is on her tongue. 
27 She watches over the affairs of her household 
   and does not eat the bread of idleness. 
28 Her children arise and call her blessed; 
   her husband also, and he praises her: 
29 “Many women do noble things, 
   but you surpass them all.” 
30 Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; 
   but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised. 
31 Honor her for all that her hands have done, 
   and let her works bring her praise at the city.

No comments: