Thursday, December 1, 2011

Craving something different...

A couple of months ago, my mom bought me two books, Jesus Calling and Made to Crave. The first I had mentioned that I wanted; the latter my mother apparently thought I needed. I don't say that in an ugly sense at all... she knows me all too well and the long standing battle with food that I have grown weary of fighting.

Truth be told, I am the heaviest I have ever been while not supporting the life of another inside my womb. I am fluffy and frumpy, and, as much as I hate to admit it, my weight and body image effect my self confidence and my relationships.

I have avoided starting to read Made to Crave. I haven't been in the mood. I haven't had the energy. I have just put it off to the side to deal with another day, just like I've done with my issues with food over the past several years. But in the past few days, I've had it on my mind. Satan has been pushing me away from it for the past several weeks, and now I feel like God is urging me to read it and face this issue head on.

He also put it on my heart to ask if there is anyone out there reading these words that want to join me? It wouldn't necessarily be a formal study, but we could read it at a steady pace and talk to one another about how we are doing, have some accountability partners, and blog about what we discover. Follow the link here to see if it's something that sounds like a good fit for you (there's even a sample chapter). If you're interested, leave me a comment with your email address (or email me if you would rather not have your information public). In the meantime, I will be praying over this idea and thinking of a good way to go about this. Maybe a good target date would be the beginning of the new year, giving anyone who wants to participate a chance to get their books.

Give it a thought... I'm tired of craving all the wrong things...

1 comment:

Erika said...

Let me know after you read a chapter or two how you like it.