Monday, October 17, 2011

Zombies and such...

I heard the pitter patter coming across the living room carpet. No... no, no, no... I thought in my semi-conscious state. No way, no how was I sharing my space with her tonight. 3:00 in the AM meant a good three and a half hours left to snooze.

"Mama.."
"What's wrong?"
"I had a bad dream." She normally doesn't talk. She normally just slides in the bed as quiet as she can so as to remain undetected. "It was about zombies."
"Oh, it's okay. Come on in."

I couldn't turn her away with zombies in her head. So, I cuddled up to her until her breath was heavy with sweeter dreams, and I made my way to the couch to sleep. There's no sharing a bed with Madalyn. She may be small, but she uses more space than two adults when sleeping, and it makes for a much longer night than just giving in and sleeping on the couch.

I drifted off to sleep on the couch and dreamed about a guy I dated in high school, my children being my younger brother and sister, living in a house with wall paper over the windows, and going to a high school football game with a boy I didn't know. Maybe I should have stayed in the bed with the zombies...

No comments: