Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Bullet points by me...

I really have not a whole lot to say. But I feel this compulsion to blog, though I can't get out a complete post, so I will revert to the stinking bullet points.

~ I am doing Weight Watchers again. I did it three or four years ago, and I was successful, so I thought I would give it a whirl. I have such an issue with portions, you know, and eating when my body is not literally hungry. The points idea helps me look at food differently and focus on what I can have instead of what I can't. I am down four pounds which I am pretty certain is mainly water and just plain extra garbage I would normally be toting around in my intestines. But it's four pounds off the scale, so I will take it. Twenty more to go. Yippee.

~ Sunday, Scott and I celebrated 12 years of marriage. I am pretty proud of us. I know when we got married there were a lot of people that thought we probably wouldn't make it. Heck, there have been times when I thought we wouldn't make it. But we have. When I think about all the couples we've known over the years and I realize how many are divorced now, I know what a rare and special thing we have. Even when things get tough, even when I am cursing him beneath my breath as I turn every single one of his socks right-side out while dealing with the laundry, we are both committed to making this marriage work. And I am so proud to have made it twelve years.

~ I have a bruise on my shoulder. I have no idea how I got it. To be honest, I can't think up a scenario in my mind that would leave me with a bruise on my shoulder. But whatever.

~ I am about to conquer my fear of the thrift store. We're doing a Halloween/Birthday party for Scott's 40th birthday next weekend, and I need to put together our ensemble. Scott and I will be the unlikely couple... the private school girl and the redneck boy. If you know us, you already realize it's incredibly fitting. I don't want to look risque or spend too much, so I am not interested in ordering a real costume, so I thought I could search the thrift store and piece one together myself. I go into panic mode in thrift stores, so I am hoping I can get passed that and find what I need.

~The sun really needs to shine here. I am feeling the lack of sunshine.

~ I wonder if that Total Transformation program really works. The infomercial says it's free if it's not successful in your home. Hmmmmmm.

Okay. That's all I've got today.

No comments: