Wednesday, August 17, 2011

One of those mornings...

It's Wednesday. I've gotten up three straight mornings this week at 6:25. I'm tired. And I am having a morning. One of those mornings. And I know you know what I mean, so don't even pretend you don't have those mornings, too.

David has been looking for his MP3 player for the past two days. Mind you this is the MP3 player we purchased about three months ago to replace the one that fell out of his pocket onto the street in front of our house and was subsequently ridden over by an innumerable amount of cars. Needless to say, that one went kaput. Mom and Dad felt a little sorry for the boy as music is one of his most favoritist things in the whole wide world. I think David had about half of the amount for a snazzy new one, so we funded the rest.

So last night, when David told me that he thought he had it in his pocket on Saturday, you'll understand why my head began spinning and my eyes popped out of my head.

"Oh, so you put it in your pocket? Cause we've never done that before, huh David? We haven't learned that lesson yet..."

Crazy Mama favors the tone of sarcasm, if you haven't figured that out yet.

In my mind, the shiny new black Sony MP3 was in the gutter down the street in a million pieces. Boy was I wrong. This morning, I opened the washer to transfer the wet clothes into the dryer, and pulled out a long wire with little ear buds on the end. Please tell me NO. There it was, still black and definitely shiny {and clean}, but, as one might guess, not in working order.

Dear me.

I know this stuff is not the necessary stuff of life, but rather the marshmallow fluff on top, but it doesn't make the demise of the Sony Walkman any easier to swallow.

To add insult to injury, as I put the spoon to my mouth to taste my homemade healthy breakfast of brown sugar cinnamon oatmeal, I hit my front tooth just right and chipped it a bit. Not awfully, but just enough that I can feel it and know that it's there. Luckily, it's on the same tooth that already had a little chip on it from the nasty {not to mention incredibly intoxicated} old guy that was trying to dance with me waaaaaaaaaaay back in the day to some cover band in a disgusting bar and knocked my beer bottle into my tooth as I was trying to take a swig. See, those were the days that I had those kind of nights.

Anywho. That's my morning. Nothing to write a press release about, but things that require me to take long deep breaths and exhale with fervor.

No comments: