Wednesday, August 3, 2011

The grass is greener...


The grass is greener in every one else's yard these days. Like literally. My front yard looks awful! We have some areas that have odd inclines, and I have noticed quite a bit of soil erosion over the past couple of years. But I think the condition right now is from something more than that.

I have noticed these weird little shells all over the bare areas of the yard:

I see them hind side (the open prongy little side) sticking up from the soil, and they are empty. So it tells me that some equally nasty little wormy thing probably hatches from it. But I don't see any wormy things in the grass or on the ground.

I've googled all possible combinations of words, including nasty little wormy things, and the only satisfactory answer I have is that they may possibly house some sort of beetle larvae. But I am not 100% sure. So... anyone out there have a clue what this odd looking thing is? Just wondering if anyone in the blogosphere could help me out here!

No comments: