Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Laundry and hormones...

It's summer. Well, not quite the real summer yet, but summer enough in Alabama. As in walk out the door and immediately the sweat beads up on your forehead kind of heat. So I go ahead and title it summer.

Sunday evening, I woke up three or four times drenched in sweat. Not really all over but mainly on my legs, especially in that crease behind my knees. Does anyone else do this? I hope not, because it's disgusting. I'm not quite sure what to attribute it to; the high sodium food I had which included Conecuh sausage on the grill followed with baked potato and ribeye steak, or my increasingly heightened hormone production in the past week?

Why are some months worse that others? I could feel it in my blood last week as it started that low boil, bubbling right under the surface. That feeling that I would enjoy causing physical harm to someone, anyone who crossed my path sideways. Why do I feel like that some months but not others? Good thing it's not this awful every month. Maybe it has something to do with the heat. Maybe not. Maybe the heat plus the hormones makes a lethal combination inducing the sweating of the legs. I don't know...

The thing about summer and night sweats is that they increase my laundry. The kids swam this weekend, and for some reason, they think each time they come in the house they have to put a fresh set of clothes on. We go through this every stinking year... just because you wore it for two hours doesn't make it fit for the basket. Problem is they don't even make it to the basket; they litter the floor of their bedroom. Which makes me ill. Which heightens said hormonal imbalance.

It's a vicious cycle.


No comments: