Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Jealous much????

My husband texted me last Friday while I was frantically preparing to make a trip out of town to a baseball tourney that we really couldn't afford to take. It's difficult to pack and purchase food and drinks for a tourney when you know you need to be placing that money in different hands. Much more stressful than the ordinary preparations. Anywho...

The text read basically the following: What do you think about a free night at Ross Bridge, free round of golf for me, and a free spa treatment for you? I literally burst into tears, as embarrassing as it is to admit it. Sounded too good to be true, but it was for real. Scott plays golf at 11:00 in the morning, I am receiving a facial at 2:00 in the afternoon, the rest of our time can be spent relaxing by the pool, and we will enjoy a lovely dinner that evening. For free.
One of the finance companies has organized the event as a thank you to some special managers. Usually these type of things involve golf or nice dinners, but they have never in my experience in the business involved the wives. I thought it was an extra special touch, and the timing couldn't be more timely. We are both stressed to say the least, and we haven't enjoyed a dinner together alone in months. We seldom have the opportunity or the extra funds to do so, and I am so excited to have some breathing time together.

I honestly felt like it was sent from God Himself. I have been a little too fretful lately, I'm ashamed to admit. It's easy when things are tight to forget that I am still blessed beyond measure. Even easier to forget that my Heavenly Father longs to take care of me. The thought is humbling and joyful that he'd want anything to do with this messed up girl. But it's so much more than that... He truly wants me to rest in His hand, and I need it now more than ever. And so does my hard working husband. Seems like we keep on saying, "At some point, things will get better... they have to get better..." We juggle and shift and scrimp and grind our teeth, and it's nice to know that tomorrow we can put it all on the back burner and let someone else pick up the check. Literally. And for things we wouldn't ordinarily get to do.

I've only had one facial in my life, and I remember how relaxing it was. Jealous much? Don't be... I still have to come home afterward...

3 comments:

Erika said...

I'm excited for you guys! Have tons of fun.

Kristin said...

Enjoy! How wonderful. :)

carrie said...

What a blessing! Enjoy!