Friday, April 15, 2011

Inseparable...

I thoroughly enjoyed reading over the Scriptures that were shared with me both here and on Facebook. I love the Word of God. I love how I am drawn to certain passages and hear a voice within each word. I love how the words have been translated and passed down and loved and shared for centuries and centuries and centuries.

As I have stated here before, it wasn't until I sat down to read the Bible for myself that I started to grasp God's love for me. My reading time with Him has become our time for communication ~ He to me through the words on the pages, and I to Him through prayer about what I read and whatever may be going on in my life at the time. It's the most special time, and if I skip a couple of days, I can feel the difference in my soul.
So, when I first read the winning entry to my little give-away, I knew instantly it would be the one to beat.
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. {Romans 8:38-39}

These are words I wish I had understood earlier in my life. If I had, I may not have wasted so much time in grief, shame, and depression. But because of that dark time in my life, I appreciate the words even more. There's nothing that can separate me from God's love because of Jesus. Nothing. I love that thought, especially when Paul specifies that no demons or powers can pull us out of God's love.

When I think of demons, I don't think evil spirits, but rather the daily demons of our life. The bad habit you want to break. Stress. That person who insists on posting jabs directed at you on Facebook. The lost relationship. The failed marriage. The pile of unpaid bills. We've all encountered these daily demons at some point in our life, and though they may bring our moods down and effect our emotions, isn't it nice to know that they don't separate you from the love of God? He loves me all the time. Every day. Every morning, afternoon, and night. He doesn't care if I ate too many carbs or if my savings account has a balance of zero. He simply loves. And there's nothing that can break that love because we have been reconciled by Jesus.

Like I said, it took me way too long to figure this out. But I am glad to finally accept it and feel it grow inside me. And that's part of the reason why I branched out and started this little business venture. I saw an opportunity to spread little pieces of God's word that have meant so much to me over the years. I can create a piece of jewelry that keeps a specific passage at the forefront of the mind of the lady wearing it all day long. I can pull one word out of a scripture and create something beautiful. I can leave a pleasant surprise on the back of all my baseball and softball mom necklaces. I can plant little seeds of God's word all around.

So here's the word I chose: inseparable. Here's how the word is defined... incapable of being separated or disjoined; seemingly always together; very intimate. Once I read the definition, I fell immediately in love with the word as it relates to my relationship with God. And there you go. A necklace is born.


2 comments:

Erika said...

Amazing verse and beautiful pendant. One of my new faves! You should definitely add this to your collection. LOVE the back too! That would even work for a front piece.

Cyndi said...

I have really enjoyed reading your blog. I have been considering starting one for some time b/c I think it would be great for me to blog my daily struggles, fears, thoughts and so on. You really have a gift-keep using it!