Friday, April 8, 2011

Hodgepodge

I don't know if hodgepodge is a real word, but there's no red squiggly line below it, so there must be more than one person in the world who seems to think it is. Below is a hodgepodge of my random thoughts for today:

~ I've been busy this week. And it feels fantastic. Busy using my hands to make things. Busy using my brain to think of new things to do. Busy. I like it. I feel like I have this amazing outlet for the creative energy in my mind, and I praise God for it.

~ Do you ever have those moments in life when you feel God smiling on you? Well, I had one this afternoon, but I won't get into specifics. But I felt it in my bones, and that felt better than being busy this week.

~ We'll be at the ball park all weekend. In Montgomery. That will be neat. There will family around to watch, and there's still a part of my heart that calls Montgomery home. Baseball, right now, is an outlet... an "out" from our home where total focus is on something other than real life. And that's feels good, too.

~ I will be doing another give-away next week for my necklaces. This one will be strictly on Facebook, so be sure to check in Monday for that. But it will pertain to you, your favorite verse in the Bible, and your favorite color. My heart is fully committed to make custom pieces for women that remind them of their favorite verse in the Bible. I've made a couple of these this week, and they excite me far more than anything else. Knowing someone will open a package and see something I made that will bring them joy or comfort or peace every time they wear it just thrills my soul.

~ I am happy. My mom has cancer, we're broke, the economy is still a mess, my life looks totally different right now than I ever thought it would look, and I am the happiest I have ever been in my life. Thank you, Lord.

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Erika said...

I'm so happy for you. Hey, I'm in labor. Ha ha.

carrie said...

Erika, you crack me up! I am happy that you have such happiness!