Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Wednesday Wingdings

I couldn't do Tuesday Tidbits because it's Wednesday. So wingdings seemed to fit. Should be entertaining...

My face looks like that of a fifteen year old girl who eats nothing but pizza and drinks real Coke and stays up until midnight studying for a Biology test. I'm not talking a fifteen year old face that is fresh and dewy and virginal. My face is a mess of pimples, zits, and nastiness. When does the madness stop? At 34, I have spent the majority of my life battling acne. In my teens (and on my parents' wallet), I did the whole dermatologist thing complete with by-mouth and topical antibiotics and Retina. As I aged, I approached the issue with over-the-counter products especially after starting on birth control that seemed to ease the hormonal fluctuations. Since I had the factory shut down after Madalyn's birth, I've had good phases and bad phases. Right now, I find myself in a totally yucky skin phase, and I am really quite over it. But what do you do? What stay-at-home mom has the money to pay for expensive creams and medicines for their face every month? I mean, if it costs $200 to have my child's foot x-rayed, I'd probably be charged a luxury tax for acne cream. It's total vanity, I know, but I just think I have paid my dues as far as acne goes, and it's time for it to vacate the premises.

David sure has lost a lot of teeth lately. Monday he hopped off the bus with a ziploc bag in his sweaty little hand. He lost one of his baby molars that just so happened to be one of the two we had to have filled at the ripe age of three. I held the bag in my hand looking at the tiny tooth that I am certain caused much grief during it's breaking through the gums. I remember how difficult those days were ~ entire days of whining and tears and Motrin as often as I could administer it. I remembered the day I sat in the dentist office as he went back to have the cavity filled, feeling like a piece of doodey mom who had let her child get two cavities (even though she made him brush his teeth every night) and now would have the horrible memory of having dental work before he had even taken his training wheels off his bike. Then he be-bopped out the door with an extra pencil and sticker, smiling and asking what was for dinner. And there it was in a little bag, looking so tiny and insignificant. Made me realize that life evolves, old is lost, new comes through, and what seems to be a big, life-changing deal at the time will be minute in the long run. There's my deep thought for the day.

I am also working on some exciting things that I hope to reveal here on my blog through a fantastic give-away in the next few weeks. I am beginning a little creative business adventure, and I crave your prayers! Well... crave, covet, request, and beg for your prayers! For the past two years, the car business has been anything but stellar. I have wracked my brain for ideas on how to make money and still be here at home available for my children ~ not a ton, just a supplement, a little gravy for some months, a little something to help rebuild the savings we used to have. And I think I have finally found something that I can pull off and enjoy and be completely creative. I am excited and hopeful and prayerful and hoping all my bloggy friends stay tuned to see what is in store.

Okay... that's all my brain has for the day...

2 comments:

carrie said...

Praying for you as you start out on this new adventure!

Rebecca said...

I can't wait to see what you have in store and will praying for you!