Monday, March 28, 2011

Thinking outside of the box...


{Deep breath in........ and exhale.}

Notice the word to your left ~ FAITH. This entire post is a huge leap off a bridge for me...

The past few weeks have looked a little different around the Crazy Mama casa. A little less laundry has been done. Toilets haven't been quite as sparkly fresh as usual. I've seen the hubs look around when he returned home from a long day at the car lot... I hear the thoughts running around in his head... what the heck has she been doing around here all day????


I've been making jewelry. Out of metal washers. And paper. And mixing two part epoxy (which happens to be the coolest liquid substance on earth besides water). And making necklaces from suede and hemp. Go figure.

Talk about thinking outside the box. The box happens to be relatively small and green in color and heavier than it looks, and it contains 100 metal washers that are like blank canvases to me. I can't take credit for the idea; there are several sellers showcasing these pendants on Etsy, and the general idea was revealed to me from my neighbor who is embarking on a jewelry journey of her own. But once I saw it and realized what I could do... well, my mind hasn't stopped spinning since then. Literally. Some spinning happens to be good; too much is exhausting and scary. I've had mostly the latter, but today, I am so super excited to show my bloggy friends what I've been working on that the insecurity that I won't sell a single piece I've made is melting like the snow in the sun.

So check me out on one of the coolest websites around, Etsy, in my own personal shop, CrazyMamaCreations. If you forget where I'm selling, you can click on the coordinating page on my blog (up there in the right hand corner). I'll be posting here about new stuff and any special packages and promotions I am offering.

Oh, I was so excited that I almost forgot to mention that I want you to have a special piece of you own ~ FOR FREE!!!! Leave a comment on this post before midnight on Wednesday, March 30th, and I'll enter your name in a drawing to receive a piece of jewelry of your choice from the selections in my Etsy shop! Link to my shop in a post on your blog and I'll put your name in the hat TWO more times (that would be a total of three chances to win)!!!! Simply shoot me an email (find it on my Contact page above) with a link to your post if you choose to link my blog.

Happy browsing! Hope you like what I've done so far... there are so many more ideas swimming around in my CRAZY head!!! Stay posted! And tomorrow, I promise a post with a little more depth, like the reasons for the words, the verses behind the pieces, and what each means to me.

20 comments:

Erika said...

I'm so, so excited for you!

Anonymous said...

That is awesome! Congratulations and good luck!

Amanda Ferguson

carrie said...

All I can say is WOW! Not only are you a talented writer, but you are a talented artist! These are beautiful and I look forward to hearing your stories about how this came about and how you chose the scriptures!

Anonymous said...

Love your jewelry. Congrats on the new business and I know you will do great!

Dana Wingard
dwingard@knology.net

Marie said...

Wow, this is awesome and so inspiring.

Rebecca said...

LOVE THEM!!! So excited for you and what this business may bring!

connecting with the soul said...

As Steven Tylor says ,, That was some crazy good idea you had there. I love your thinking what a one of a kind piece of jewelry and the scriptures that you add. Sweet. Congrats and good luck!!!!

Sylvia said...

These are great--I wish you much success!
Sylvia

Amy said...

Your stuff is so cute! I found you from Erika on Facebook. I love the baseball ones, Corey's little boy is in love with baseball right now. Good luck! I have been in the craft biz for a while now, never doubt your talent, that part is hard I know, but it looks like you have a good support system growing.

Ora said...

So proud of you...too cute! I want a pink one!
Love you, ora

Anonymous said...

Congratulations & Good Luck on your new crafty adventure!

~Hillary Pruitt
hp3007@yahoo.com

Alisha said...

Oh, I love your jewelry and would love a chance to win! :-)

Ashley said...

Congrats on getting this started....and on Facebook! Love the products and look forward to more!~~

Laura said...

This is so creative and cute! Way to go!

Bethany said...

So I will probably need to get you to make me a soccer one :) These are great!

Marie said...

Love, love, love these!! You go with your talented self!!

Marie Bowman

Melissa said...

Very cool. I have been working with some of my students on these and we have a great time!

angela isbell said...

Wow I saw you on a friends facebook page and I was blown away with the baseball necklaces. They are original and so cute, and I can't wait to get mine for baseball season. Maybe it'll be free.

angie

Amy Belcher said...

I just happened to see this (your blog and jewelery, etc.)on an old friend of mine's facebook page, so I wanted to check it out for myself! Very cool! I think they will be popular:)

Kristin said...

Love them, Tamara. So proud of you!