Thursday, March 17, 2011

The fog is lifting...

The fog is clearing in my head, and I actually feel like a real person today complete with functioning nose and an oxygen count in the upper 90's.

About three years ago, I discovered Simply Saline when I had the nastiest case of strep ever. Seems like that time, when the strep bacteria got done having a party in my throat, they decided to check out my sinuses. I believe the conditions there were incredibly favorable, and the entire strep family decided to colonize there. I couldn't breathe, I couldn't blow the stuff out, and it wouldn't drain down. I was beyond miserable. My mom suggested I try to flush it out, which sounds disgusting now, but at the time, I was in such a state that if someone had told me to stick a blow torch up my left nostril and watch the flames come out the right, I would have tried it.

Anywho ~ it was then that I discovered the benefits of flushing out the sinuses. I only thought delivering a baby was a rite of passage into adulthood; that's nothing in comparison to delivering what I blew out of my nose that first time I used Simply Saline. And that's all I will say about that. So, for the past few days, I have self prescribed the following regimen: Sudafed, Allegra, ibuprofen, and saline flushes twice a day. I am happy to report that I am feeling fantastic as compared to my state on Monday. Hallelujah!

Hard to believe it's Thursday already and that Spring Break has come and nearly gone. Of course, it's been nice to sleep in and not have to get the kids rushed out the door for school, but I will relish the moment on Monday morning when I am able to take claim of the house once again. How I love the quiet of the house when I am the only one here.

I haven't written this week at all on my novel, but I have composed an article for another opportunity to earn a scholarship to the She Speaks Conference. I will revise it today and submit it this afternoon or in the morning. At first, when I saw that an article was required for submission, I thought, "But I don't write articles. I write fiction. I can't do that..." But then God said, "Excuse me, sweet daughter... you can write anything." Don't you love when the voice of God is louder than the demeaning thoughts Satan would rather you hear? I am trying so hard lately to listen to Him, to know that He believes in me, that He loves me, and that He can make all things possible. So, we'll see what happens. If it's meant to be, it will be. If not, then there's always next year. I will not rush or press or push... I will relax and let things happen.

So, that's what's going on in my world! Hope every one enjoys this beautiful weather today!

1 comment:

connecting with the soul said...

Good Morning- well afternoon now. I am glad you are feeling better. And I have to agree It's great when God speaks louder then Satan. I hope you will keep us informed about what the decision on your article is. My fingers are crossed for you. It's gret when God has a plan isn't it? I am trying to enjoy the day even though its cloudy and windy, After all it is a day God has made!