Saturday, February 26, 2011

Love is patient, and I love my daughter...

If love is patient, then I'm gonna need a heaping dose of love to make it through this day. It's only 8:00 and the voice of my beloved baby girl is grinding on every nerve in my body. Seems today she knows no other tone than whiny. Well, other than bossy. Combine the two and let your imagination run with it... as I type, she's going on and on about her brown flip flops, which happen to be her favoritest ones, and how she can't find them and I need to look for them. Dear, me. Love is patient.

Gets me thinking how someone so little can be so big on the inside. So vocal. So volcanic. I digress...

Tonight, brother is heading to a spend-the-night party and me and the whiner are heading to.... wait for it......... the JUSTIN BEIBER movie. I am actually more looking forward to seeing it than I am willing to admit. And I am glad to spend a little one-on-one time with baby girl. She is so very excited and will be sporting her Justin Beiber tee shirt her brother gave her for her birthday.

Is it normal for a six year old to be in love with a singer? Cause Madalyn is. When I was six, I was in love with Jeffrey H., my brother's friend that lived down the street from us and was a good seven years older than me. He feathered his hair just so, and he was tall and adorable. I think I proposed to him in a round about way by telling him that I wanted to marry him when I grew up. I never lived that down throughout the years. Thankfully, we moved away and when I saw him years later, he wasn't nearly as appealing to me as when I was six. So maybe I don't care if it's completely normal for Madalyn to be in love with Justin Beiber; it's much safer than the boy down the street.

Except the other night, at ball practice (if you can't tell, so much goes on at ball practice with Madalyn... so, so much) one of the little sisters who is a year older than Madalyn convinced her that she had Justin's phone number. She even wrote it down for her in pencil on the back of one of Madalyn's valentines she's been carrying around in her purse for two weeks. When we got home, Madalyn was persistent that she call Justin. As you can imagine, a heated debate ensued. I don't even remember how I shifted things away from calling Justin, and I don't think I was successful in making her believe it was not his personal phone number. How does one reason with a six year old little girl whose voice reaches tones and decibel levels that only dogs comprehend? Love is patient...

Until then... I WILL NEVER SAY NEVER!!!! {In case you don't have Beiber Fever in your house, that's lyrics from his new hit song and includes the title of his multi-million dollar film venture.}

1 comment:

Erika said...

From what I've seen of the previews (and I swear they are on every commercial break) if you are going to crush on someone, he seems to be an upstanding young lad. :) I heard they even have a pastor that travels with them. Hopefully, he will not fall victim to the Hollywood curse.