Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Sometimes, you make the right decisions...


Sometimes, you make the right decisions. Sometimes, you do not. Say, for instance, our decision to stay at home with Baby Girl and the three fresh stitches in her scalp ~ that was the right decision. I knew it during several instances over the weekend. One on Saturday evening when Madalyn was in tears, not about her head, but about her side hurting. It was a good thirty minute ordeal that included me lying down with her in her bed, a dose of Tylenol, and lots of little tears down her face. And though it was non-stitches related, it would have broken my heart and made me feel ultra-guilty if I had heard her crying over the phone. I still don't know exactly what was going on... maybe gas, I don't know. But I was glad to be there. Then there was Sunday morning when Madalyn talked with her hands and explained how her head felt. She kept opening and shutting her palms making a throbbing motion. Yeah, super glad Mama stayed.

What really convinced me, though, as if there were any doubt in my mind left, was seeing that the Atlanta International Airport was CLOSED today until 6:00 PM. As in nothing in, nothing out. Out of curiosity, I looked up our flight, and it was cancelled. CANCELLED. I envisioned me and Scott, exhausted and anxious to get home, sitting in the LA Airport for an unknown amount of time, and my skin literally crawled off my body and ran away. And, yes; I did say LA. Our flight home included us flying from Phoenix to LA, changing planes, and then flying direct from LA to Atlanta. I'd like to vacation in California at some point, but that's not the approach I want to take.

And, as I said before, sometimes, you make the wrong decisions... the not-so-wise or mature or appropriate thing to do....

Exhibit A:
I'm just saying that we may have rolled the neighbor's yard last night. We may have pretended that the tree in their yard was the one in Toomer's Corner, and we may have gotten a little carried away. So, that may or may not be considered a good decision, but sometimes the fun ones aren't necessarily the wisest. And if you don't know what Toomer's Corner is then you should Google it and find out as it is one of the most fantastic Auburn tradition...

Oh, and WAR EAGLE!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

My mom and dad rolled a tree in their own yard!