Thursday, January 27, 2011

Re-

I hit my head last night while bending over in the pantry to retrieve something I dropped on the floor while aiming for the trash. Call me Grace. I have a bruise to remind me of the event.

I have spent the better portion of the last three days going up and down a 15 foot ladder in my daughter's room. Redoing. Removing the old sheers that hung on the window, filling empty screw holes, sanding, touching up paint, removing the seven letters that spell out her little name on the wall, filing those nail holes, sanding, touching up more paint, rehanging said letters, rehanging the metal butterflies much higher than they were before (enter 15 foot ladder again).

I have also been reading over the 47,000 words of my first novel that I have written because it's been so long since I've written a fresh word that I need to refresh myself with my own writing.

I've been revising a memoir that I wrote months ago for a writing contest that I decided not to enter. Now I've decided to enter it into a different contest, and I needed to rework it.

I've been reciting my two Bible verses in my head over and over and over and over again and smiling at the peace and love they bring my soul in the times I need them most.

The prefix re- is in the post a lot. Did you notice?

No comments: