Thursday, December 16, 2010

So why in the world am I blogging?????????????

Wow. In case you haven't heard, CHRISTMAS IS NEXT WEEK. LIKE ONE WEEK AWAY. And what you haven't heard yet is that I am TOTALLY ABOUT TO LOSE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was already behind. As most households have to do, I was waiting on that December 10th paycheck to get out there in the masses and finish up the present searching. Problem is our one and only paycheck for the month was delayed until the 13th. So that put me back a few extra days. No biggie. Had the thing to do at David's school scheduled for Tuesday, so I had planned to spend the day shopping yesterday sans children. Here's where we insert THE FLU.

David walked up to me Tuesday night around 6:30 saying his head hurt... a quick press of a button and beeping sound of the ear thermometer alerted me to his 102.7 fever. GREAT. I couldn't get him into the doctor yesterday morning, so I drug him out with me. In my defense, he really doesn't feel all that bad. As long as I keep the fever at bay, he's good. Not 100%, but good. So we got a few things accomplished, but for obvious reasons there were a lot of things I couldn't purchase with him with me.

So, here I am, just a matter of days away from Christmas, and I have one of the longest lists of things to do this close to the actual day than I have ever experienced. My family thing is this Sunday, so there are those obvious things that have to be taken care of for that. And the not knowing of who will be next in the household to be stricken gives me the extra shot of anxiety to get out there today and spin like a tornado until all is done. Thankfully, Scott is off today and can take care of sick man and allow me to run the streets. Hopefully he will keep him jacked up on Motrin and Tylenol so his fever will stay down. I am sure I will have to leave written instructions.

So today, I will leave us all with a Scripture that I need above all others:
Do not be anxious about anything but in everything by prayer and petition with thanksgiving present your request to God. And the peace of God which transcends all understanding will guard your heart and mind in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6

I think I will repeat this verse in my mind today as I bustle about...

1 comment:

Erika said...

And you know, if it doesn't get done, no one will die. :) Take it easy and enjoy your day running about.