Monday, November 29, 2010

The Thanksgiving Hangover...

I am feeling a little hungover this morning. From the turkey and dressing. From the football. From the tree and the lighted reindeer and the ornaments wrapped in tissue and bubble wrap and tucked into boxes. From the up and down and up and down of the attic ladder. From all of it. I have done so much, yet there's still so much to do.

I'm sure Jesus is real excited that we commemorate His birth each year with hustle and bustle and lights and trees and lighted reindeer in the yard that have to be held together with little plastic zip ties because we need to use our money for gifts not for buying new reindeer. Oh, wait... that last part was entirely specific to my house. My point here is that I wish we could take the commercial part out of Christmas and just let it be, you know. Take all pressure out of it and leave the enjoyment. But what would the kids think???

Anyway. Today will be spent cleaning up from Thanksgiving and putting out the tree. In the meantime, I need to do laundry and I'd love to sit down to write a little since I haven't written in over a week. Haven't been feeling incredibly inspired lately between Thanksgiving and life in general. But maybe if I force myself to sit down and pretend to be inspired, the words will flow.

I also have an odd prayer request for any and all who are reading this. I am going to the doctor tomorrow morning - a new general practitioner - to see about my legs. For six weeks now, I have been dealing with strange lesions on my legs. Itchy, red, raised, gross looking lesions. And I have no idea why. At first I thought that it was related to my having strep back in October, but the longer it has lingered the less I think the two are related. So I am praying that I can get an answer tomorrow, figure out why I have them, and a good way to get rid of them. You know, before I scratch and claw all my skin off which would even less attractive than the spots on my legs. I would appreciate any prayers on my behalf concerning this odd issue. Thanks in advance!

2 comments:

Erika said...

I'm glad you are finally going to the doctor. Hopefully it's just some kind of allergy or something and they will fix you right up. Let me know!

carrie said...

Praying you get answers for those spots!