Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Where the magic happens.......

I've been busy with a little mini-makeover on the room in the house where all the magic takes place... get your stinkin' mind out of the gutter, folks! It's my computer room. You know, where I do all my brilliant writing and blogging and have been working on that soon-to-be life-changing best seller. I may be old, but I can still dream...

Anywho, thought I'd share some pictures of before..... (AGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!)



And after....


I mean, you seriously cannot even fathom the difference a fresh coat of a silvery blue made in this room. I've been looking at the same contractor's flat beige for SIX YEARS. That's flat as in flat paint, by the way, so I've also been gazing at six years' worth of fingerprints, Cheetos fingers, and pencil markings from Madalyn. Even when you scrub flat paint, it never comes clean. The only way to make it new is to paint over it...


I also added a book shelf to the room to give me a place to store stuff other than on top of an already too small to store anything on desk. It was like $55 from Target. Altogether, I think I spent around $100 and got a brand new room. Just can't beat that. And pay no attention to what's behind the screen... that's the cat's litter box.

This is also the room where I've been spending a lot more time on the DREADmill lately, so I hoping that lovely shade of blue will induce some sort of Zen-like state while I am trying not to curse out loud at the treadmill while running. Most of the time I can only successfully curse in my head because I am too winded to utter an intelligible sound. Lots of sound effects, I promise, but little actual words. And when there are words, they are not ones I'm proud of.

So that's what's going on in my world here lately. I'll try to be a better blogger this week. Really, I will. I am happy to report that I just ordered my first book from Booksneeze. Stole the idea from my old high school friend and fellow blogger, Carrie. Free books to read, and all I have to do is write a short review! Sounds like a winner to me!













1 comment:

carrie said...

I enjoy BookSneeze. It is a great way to get good books to read for free. The room looks great, by the way! I love the color!