Wednesday, August 18, 2010

My open prayer...

Dear Lord,

I know you know my heart. You know the deepest parts of me - good and bad. You know my imperfections and my strengths. You know my needs, my desires, my dreams. You know my hurts, happiness, successes. You know about my Mama. You know her body in and out. You know all the spots of cancer - their size, molecular structure, and the damage they will cause. You know the days of her life down to the very millisecond. You know the number of hairs on her precious head even if she loses some in the shower. Please, Lord... please tell us something. Please tell us tomorrow exactly what we are looking at - good or bad. Please let me know... I need so desperately to know. I want to know where it is, every stinking place. I want to know if she's on the right track, or if she needs to try something different. I just need something... I need some answers.

Lord, with this crazy thing called cancer, it's hard for us to understand exactly what's going on and why. I know I'll never understand the why, but will you please give me all of the what tomorrow. Lay it all out in the open for me. Hold nothing back. If there's nothing there, let there be nothing there. If there's still cancer there, please reveal it all to us. If you see fit, place your holy hands over her body now and wipe it all away. I believe that you can do it if that's what you see fit. I believe. Please see fit...

Your daughter,
Crazy Mama

3 comments:

Erika said...

I am praying as well. I love you, my friend.

Kristin said...

oh, how I love this sweet and honest prayer. And I so understand your feelings. Sometimes all we are left with is knowing, really knowing, that He is sovereign and loving. One way or another He will take care of your mom and all of your family. Much love.

carrie said...

I love how you are so honest! I am praying for peace, comfort, and healing for your mom during these trials!