Saturday, July 10, 2010

Random Thoughts of Little Value

Here's some random thoughts of little value that have popped in my mind over the last week and a half that don't pertain to the winning of the World Series...

Parents need a vacation twice the length of a family vacation to recuperate, especially when sharing a condo with four extra kids that don't belong to them.

Why would a condo owner buy a washer/dryer combo made in Sweden which requires written instructions for operation to be taped on the outside????? It took three adults about 20 minutes to figure it all out. You could only fit about 5 towels in a time. And then, once it all gets going, it sounds like it's about to take off into space. Never in my life...

Just when you think you have seen it all, you see something you never dreamed you'd see. I witnessed a mom giving her 8 or 9 year old son one of those 5 hour energy shots on Saturday morning at the ball park. We ended up playing that team a few hours later, and he still acted like he was half asleep on the field. So I will just conclude that the risk of giving your child substances that I would think twice about ingesting definitely outweighed the benefit. We also saw an entire team give each player a Red Bull. And then they lost. As I told David, who was completely hung up on the fact that those boys got to drink Red Bull and he cannot, a 5 hour energy shot and Red Bull don't make you a good baseball player. And my 9 year old certainly won't be drinking either.

The Caribe in Orange Beach is the most awesome condo I've ever stayed in. The water slides are fun for kids and adults.

I've gained about eight pounds this baseball season. Late night dinners, ball park nachos and hot dogs, and lots of crunchy carbs have taken their toll on my waistline. Time to hunker down AGAIN.

I've been introduced to steak bombs, and I may never be the same. In case you don't know, steak bombs are bite-size pieces of steak with a dollop of cream cheese on the top and a sliced jalapeno on top of that wrapped in bacon and grilled. And, yes - they are the bomb.

Okay. I think that completes my list of random thoughts. Maybe a full post is in my future. You know, after I get rested up from that vacation...

No comments: