Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The latest happenings...

So here's a quick run-through of the latest happenings in the Blair household...

Madalyn has learned to ride her bike without training wheels. Her buddy next door (who is eight days her junior) learned one night last week, and she was dying to learn. So Sunday, her daddy took off the training wheels and we took her over to the parking lot of the elementary school behind our house. And there she went. That's one of my favorite things about Madalyn - she will not be outdone. And just like that another milestone of childhood is crossed off the list. I stood there watching her ride on only two wheels in amazement, as though watching her walk for the first time. She's growing up all too fast.

Madalyn has also picked up this incredibly strange accent. It's a little British, but not quite. And it's equally annoying as it is cute (but so is Madalyn). She is only doing it with the "r" sound. I wish I could better explain it, but I just can't put it into words. She is such a character. Literally - she recreates herself everyday, and I never really know what to expect in the morning. Keeps life interesting.

David got mad at me for buying his sister an ice cream from the truck that comes to our neighborhood last night. You know - WHATEVER. He was gone to practice, and Madalyn and I were out in the front yard (she was practicing on her bike - you have to practice everyday, you know, or you will fall - her words, not mine). And, you know what, that's all beside the point. David truly has NO IDEA how much time, energy, and money we invest into him and his baseball adventures. Of course, he's a kid, and elements of time and money are still foreign concepts to him. In his mind, he was honestly upset that he didn't get an ice cream and his sister did. Even though he was off at baseball practice with those $40 cleats, won't even say how much money worth of bats in his $50 bat bag, a $35 glove, with a brand new $65 uniform hanging in the closet next to the $75 one we bought last year that I have soaked in at least $100 worth of Biz / Tide with Bleach / Shout stain spray. I think I've listed enough... I am getting nauseated. He had a talking to from his mama and his daddy about this one. And though I'd like to say it will never happen again and that he understands how fortunate he is to do all he gets to do, I feel certain if I stopped at the gas station today and bought Madalyn a Ring Pop and didn't get him one, he'd probably never speak to me again.

I think I have a mild UTI. You know, this may be too much info for some people, but I haven't had one in so very long. And, to be honest, I had forgotten just how crummy they make you feel. I haven't been feeling well since Monday, and I really thought it was from this lingering head cold / allergy stuff I've had going on. But due to other symptoms which are pretty undeniable, I feel certain it's a beloved UTI. Thank goodness I've got an inside scoop with a nurse practitioner (thanks to my neighbor) and should have an antibiotic called in today. Hopefully all will be well in a matter of days.

Okay - so that's about it for now. See, I had lots of things to blog about, but none of which all fit together nicely. So you just got a hodge-podge run down of my life. Maybe I can give you something meaningful tomorrow...

1 comment:

Erika said...

I'm kinda dreading this summer because Peyton has expressed interest in doing other things beside his usual aftercare. I can't really blame him, he has been going there forever. So anyway, I have been scouring other camps for him to do and have succeeded in finding about 6 weeks worth in all varying locations. My point is, I guess, he will never really realize what I have been going through and will go through to make him happy. And that's just the way it is. One day, they will have babies (hopefully) and then they will know.