Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Day Seven

Here I am in late afternoon of the seventh day, and I am amazed at how much better I feel. Simply amazed. I guess I never really fully understood what the copious amounts of carbs and processed foods I kept shoveling into my mouth were doing to my system. I have no more afternoon crashes of fatigue, virtually no pain in my muscles at all, and I just feel lighter in general. Maybe it's those four pounds of water that I've let go of...

I mean, four pounds of water is a lot of weight if you stop and think about it. Now to get rid of the ten pounds of fat I'd like to see gone...

Tomorrow morning, I am going to begin adding back in some whole grains. To be honest, I don't think I can go another morning eating scrambled eggs. I just can't bare it. So tomorrow morning, I get to indulge in wheat flakes and slivered almonds. It's really all I've been thinking about these last few days... those flakes and ice cold milk... funny how my mouth waters at the thought of CEREAL now.

I'll be adding in just a few different things, but still mainly focusing my diet on lean proteins and healthy carbs. As I said, when I began this process, I never dreamed I would actually feel this much better. But I do, and now I want to maintain it. I also want to get moving again - get some exercise. The eating is only one part of being healthier. I have to do the physical work, too.

So what have I learned through this last seven days? The body does what it's trained to do. It accepts and expects what you give it. I have completely gotten rid of those evil craving in just a few days of my life, and I am so glad. And now I know that I must feed my body the right things to crave the right things. Why am just now getting this??? Seems so simple, but my stubborn mind somehow wanted to believe that I could eat Cheezits and Fruit Loops all day and all would be well.

Not gonna happen.

Now, I am excited about eating Triscuits tomorrow with my cheese for a snack. And that bowl of cereal. I can't wait for that bowl of cereal.

2 comments:

Erika said...

I'm so glad that you feel better! I'm going to go shopping this weekend and pick up some of the recipes.

Nana's Notes said...

I am so proud of you!! It is NEVER really easy to change eating habits! You go Girl!