Monday, September 7, 2009

Like a dog chasing it's tail

I am not in a very good mood today. If my husband were reading this, he'd probably be thinking, "Well, I didn't know you were ever in a good mood." But he's not; so I will carry on.

Do you ever feel like a dog chasing it's tail? You get to the bottom of the laundry pile only to find a stack of clothes in one of the kid's rooms. You get the dishwasher emptied only to find that the contents of the sink nearly fill it up again. That's where I am right now. No matter what I do, it's never enough. No matter how well I do it, it never lasts. I'm just in one of my weird moods, and I can't seem to pull myself out of it today.

Things have been a little tough lately. And don't get my wrong, I am fully aware they can always get worse. Anyone who knows me very well knows that I am a magnet for listening to others' problems. But it's times like these in my life where I would love to look at some people (or scream at them from over the phone), "Have you stopped to think for a minute that I have MY OWN burdens???" My ears are tired. I have reached the bottom of my barrel of energy, and I need a recharge.

I hate feeling this way. But it happens every so often. And I will probably feel better when I drop both kids off at school tomorrow and enjoy a little silence. But until then, I'd just like to curl up on the couch with my blanket and rest my eyes. And we all know that is so not going to happen today.

No comments: