Friday, August 21, 2009

And so the sun rises and sets...

One advantage to going through a terrible relationship and divorce at the ripe old age of 21 is that you learn this lesson early in life... the sun till rises and sets every day. The ancient earthly moving doesn't skip a beat, and you must rise with the sun to meet the new day's challenges. Learned it back then, now so many years ago.

And so, the sun rose this morning. The dew calmly settled on the already wet grass in the wee hours. The birds took flight in the morning sky. Though the clouds are thick today, the sun is still there behind them and will show it's beautiful light again. The world still moves.

I got a great night's sleep last night, and I awoke this morning feeling fresh. My friend is still at the forefront of my mind. A prayer for her is constantly on the tip of my tongue. I now completely understand the meaning of the phrase, "Pray without ceasing." Right now, this one prayer is like a ticker running through my mind. It never stops, and it will not rest until I know it has been answered. I know that all circumstances in this world are out of my control, and I am placing the burden on the Lord. He knows the outcome anyway, and I cannot change it with any action, word, nor amount or worrying.

Today is a fresh day for me.

I find myself so thankful this morning. For my children who gave such a new and glorious meaning to my life. For my husband who has evolved into such a wonderful man. For my friends and family who have supported me and shaped me into the person I am today. And for my faith - no matter how rocky things may appear, no matter how dark the sky, I do know that one love in my life will never fail. The love of my God. I do know that and accept that more deeply today than I ever have in all my life.

4 comments:

lsdesmarais said...

What beautiful words! I am so glad that you feel rested and refreshed! God knows when we need that most!

Nana's Notes said...

It is a relief to see that you have turned it ALL over to God....that is the ONLY thing any of us can do. At your young age, you have already learned so many valuable lessons about faith. I hope to read all about them when you are 65!

Kristin said...

thinking about you and your friend...

Rebecca said...

I keep typing something and deleting it because it doesn't sound quite right. Just know I am praying for you and your friend.