Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A little freaked out... just a little.

Okay - so preschool is almost over. And regular school as well. And I think we all know what that means... I will be alone with the kids for the entire summer!!!! AGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!


Deep breath in............. and release.


I have known this was coming - the end to at least a few moments of peace in a week. And it isn't just the peace and quiet I long for. The knowledge that you can go to Publix or Walmart without having to referee sibling rivalry and arguments is comforting. Being able to clean an entire bathroom without having to fix a cup of milk, change the TV channel, search the house for Piggy and blanket, etc, etc, and so on is priceless.


Along with Summer does come some good. Letting the kids sleep in. No bedtimes. No spelling words. Days in the pool. A nice tan. Popsicles. Cold beer... okay, the kids can't have the cold beer, but I can. And I know I'll need a couple extra to make it through the Summer.


So, Madalyn's last day is tomorrow. David's last day is next Thursday. And I am just going to try to cram as much into these final hours as I possibly can. If only it were possible to buy groceries for the next two months and store them all so I wouldn't ever have to take both my kids to the store.

2 comments:

Nana's Notes said...

so why don't you just take tomorrow off? nothing will happen.....lol

RunnerMom said...

Awww.... I just read your post below from Mother's Day. I teared up. My three year old "lubs" me the most, too, and isn't that a special honor to have?

And school ending---I can't think about it too much or I go into a panic. My chest feels heavy... I can't breathe....

As much as I love them, I appreciate them SO MUCH MORE when they have not been here at each other's throats all day long, driving me up the wall. My little one only has 3 more days of preschool and the older two have 5.5 days left. Yikes! I WISH we had a pool, but I know it would be a lot of work. Public pool, here we come!

Sorry about the toenail dream! I thought about posting a picture....