Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Today, I am thankful for...

Today, I am most grateful for the sunshine. My goodness, I didn't realize how bad I needed to see the sun! I know we need the rain, but when you have so many days of bleak skies and rain, it takes a toll on your spirit. This morning, when those first rays peeked through the clouds, I wanted to turn a cartwheel. Only, I have never known how to do a cartwheel, so that wouldn't work. I have just enjoyed the sunny day today. And my soul has as well.

I am so grateful for my mom's clear scan. It has been almost three years clear of cancer for my mother. Last week, we (me and the kids) rode with my mom to the Kirkland Clinic to be with her for a scan (I can't remember if it was a PET or CT - whichever it was, it was to check for signs of cancer). She had to be injected and she is always afraid she'll pass out and not be able to drive herself out of there. So we were just there for the just in case. She told me yesterday that she had received word that all looks good. There are some areas in her spine, but they are consistent with degeneration, and she has had that issue for many years. So all looks good for now. And all I can do is pray that her good health continues for many years to come.

I am so grateful that the kids went back to school. I do love my kids. With all my heart. However, they have so much energy and need to be entertained and challenged in ways that I fall short. It has been nice the past two days to have a little reprieve from them after a long Christmas break.

2 comments:

Erika said...

I'm so happy your mom's scan was clear too!

RunnerMom said...

Amen, Sista! I'm so glad the kids are back in school, too. I'm also glad to hear your mom's good news. I'm sure that's a scary situation.

Did you watch Grey's last night? I totally boo-hooed when Karev signed that little boy's "Make a Wish" form. And when Bailey cried. I'm waaaay to invested in tv.