Friday, January 23, 2009

Run, Erika, Run!!!!

So, I don't know how many of you know this, but Erika, my dearest and oldest friend in the world, is running a half marathon on Sunday. That's 13.1 miles, people.


I am jealous. Green with envy. See, when I had the bright idea I'd like to become a runner, I convinced Erika she should do it, too. She and a group of her girlfriends got together and have been training for the half. And here I am, so not a runner. And there she is - the person I had to convince to do it - running 13.1 miles.


I am so proud of her. She started from the ground up. And I know how that feels - to start from not being able to run three consecutive steps and work your way up is beyond difficult. She hasn't succumb to weakness, like me. I am just a sissy and don't want to hurt all the time. And that's all running ever did for me was make me hurt. But Erika has stayed the course and now will finish her goal on Sunday. Sunday morning, as a matter of fact. Very early on Sunday morning. Oh, and by the way, that was another reason me and running didn't get along very well. The whole morning thing just didn't work for me either.


All this being said - you go girl!! On Sunday morning, you lace those shoes up just right and know that I will think about you when I wake up and hope that you lived to tell the story!!


Seriously, good luck to you, Erika! Run like the wind. And then hit the Michelob Ultra stand on the way out wearing your medal and your race shirt. You are gonna be so proud at the finish line!!!

2 comments:

carrie said...

I am not a runner either. Do you know how she did?

Erika said...

You are not a SISSY! I love you too! Thank you for convincing me to begin this crazy journey.