Friday, January 9, 2009

On a completely SUPERFICIAL note...

I am drained to the max with all these serious posts lately. So, how about a completely superficial post about some of my favorite things???

Has this not been the best week of television? I have been in TV heaven with all the new episodes airing. And I think we all deserve a little fresh entertainment after this month long break from all our shows. Is there anyone else out there that will actually admit they watched the Rock of Love III airing on Sunday? I did, and it was the most disgusting thing I have ever seen in my life. Literally. I don't even want to talk about it. I cannot believe I watched it or that I actually am looking forward to seeing the next show. What is it about that show that keeps me coming back for more? It is repulsive, morally degrading, disgusting, and simply unbelievable. Yet I want to watch it. What is wrong with me?

Desperate Housewives was awesome. Edie is coming back around to her strong self. And she is either about to be killed by her weirdo husband who talks to dead people or she's about to break through the web of deceit he has spun. Either way, it will be fun to watch it. And the whole Lynette plot with the twins is amazing right now. But Gabby - I was really hoping they would allow her character to deepen a little outside the need for material things. But no such luck, I suppose. It was great though.

Brothers and Sisters - I don't know how many of you watch this show. My neighbor is the one who really got me into it. And I like it, I do. But they went a little too far for me in the ending of the show this time. The gay uncle is holding the little baby girl (who is really not his niece but actually his biological child through sperm donation because his brother was infertile) and talking to her and says something along the lines of, "...one day when you become interested in boys... or girls." Okay. Let's don't do that, please. I have kinda gotten over the whole gay thing on TV. They are on nearly every show, and though I don't agree with the lifestyle nor understand it, I totally get that it is a part of our modern society. But let's don't actually start trying to convert the little children. I just didn't care for that.

Hello - The Bachelor!! Has to be the best reality show since the original Real World. I mean, it just doesn't get any better than The Bachelor. There are some good girls on there this time around. No one seems exceedingly crazy or too trashy. He just seems a little too good to be true. I didn't particularly care for him on The Bachelorette, but I am glad to see a more down to earth, true to life bachelor. It will be a good season.

And I saved the best for last. Grey's. I love that show. LOVE IT. It was great last night. Awesome. Lexy (is it Lexi?) and McSteamy - great combo. Derek and Meredith seem to be doing great. Christina finally put Army crazy doctor guy in his place. I just hope that Christina and Meredith can work out their problems, you know. They have to. I don't know what to think about Izzy. She is loosing it with the whole Denny thing. But Bailey - she has quickly become my favorite character. Truly flawed. But she realizes her faults and seems to self-correct. I love her. And the little boy who is now on the transplant list - I am interested to see how his story line plays out.

Okay - it's official. I watch way too much television. And I talk about like it's real.

3 comments:

RunnerMom said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who loves good tv!

carrie said...

I will admit that I watched part of Rock of Love. I can't believe the girl that rapped with the lyrics on the back of STD info flyer. I just wonder where they find so many nasty girls!

Erika said...

I am about over the Izzie and Denny storyline though. Denny of Izzie's mind is soooo annoying! I also loved the end with Meredith and Derek "dancing it out". I kinda think Christina needs to get over it by now.