Sunday, January 18, 2009

Nothing compared to...

This little cosmetic surgery is NOTHING compared to delivering an 8 pound 14 ounce bouncing baby boy. NOTHING. It is also nothing compared to the little outpatient jaw surgery I had about a year and a half ago. For me, this has been a lot easier than I thought it would be.

Yes, I am sore. But the biggest pain for me is the itching from the saran wrap like stuff they have me wrapped in. Today I will try to only use ibuprofen for the pain and soreness. I don't like the side effects of the pain meds - dryness and dopiness and (how can I put this delicately??) not being able to go to the bathroom.

Anyway - I just wanted to post that I had a great experience. I am so impressed with my doctor. He has an incredible bedside manner and he just genuinely seems to want the best for his patients. He requires that you stay the night in the hospital. He gives you a ton of antibiotics. I just really like him. And the nurses were awesome in the hospital. I just really have had a good experience. Really good.

The only thing that will make it any better will be having my bowels move. Hopefully soon. Real soon. Hopefully today.

Will post later on my thoughts and feelings. But so far, I am feeling great all the way around.

2 comments:

carrie said...

I am so glad!

Erika said...

Yay! By the time you receive this comment, I hope for poop. ha ha