Tuesday, December 2, 2008

It's all the same...

I saw a snippet of the new documentary airing tomorrow night on MTV about Britney Spears last night on Access Hollywood or Entertainment tonight or some other smut filled show. I don't know about anyone else, but Britney Spears is fascinating to me. I watched in horror with the rest of the world as she married that fool Kevin Federline, had two babies within two years, divorced the fool, and then shaved her head. It was like watching a a cat fall from a tree - you sure didn't want to see it get hurt, but you just couldn't stand not seeing if it did. Let's face it; most of us are fascinated with celebrities. I watch all the E! True Hollywood Stories. I don't even care who it's about - the cast of the Brady Bunch, Pamela Anderson (Lee), Justin Timberlake, Scott Baio - you get it. Stars just fascinate me, especially when you get a glimpse into their life that makes you realize they have the same issues everyone else does. It sort of vindicates you as a regular person knowing that stars feel the same emotions as everyone else - loneliness, depression, anxiety, fear - and that all the money in the world can't change that.

So anyway - it appears that Brit is coming back. I assume this because every freaking time I turn on the television lately, there she is. So I caught a glimpse - an exclusive sneak preview - of the big MTV special last night and it really saddened me. She talked about her fall or breakdown or whatever it was, and she discussed how she felt now about her father controlling her life and career. She said that she was glad it was in control, but she felt almost too controlled. And she said that there is no passion, no excitement in her life. And then she teared up and said she just felt a little sad.

Hmmm.

Welcome aboard, Britney. Welcome to life. Not that exciting on a day to day. Not a whole lot of passion. Not a whole lot of whistles and bells and lights.

So I am thinking about contacting Britney's people (or is it just person - her dad) and seeing if they will let Britney come have a sleepover. We could sit and talk about our lives a little, and then maybe she would see that being Britney Spears is slightly more glamorous and exciting than being Crazy Mama. It might make her feel better. If nothing else, maybe she could show me how to do a beautiful smokey eye and tell me all her workout secrets.

Anyway - for any of you that would like to watch - tomorrow night from 8:00 - 9:30 on MTV. I already have it set to record.

No comments: