Friday, November 7, 2008

Okay...

Okay, so it is the Friday after a Tuesday election day, and we are still talking about Sarah Palin's wardrobe on morning network news. WHY? I call a bit of sexism here, guys. Does anyone know how much any of the male candidates spent on suits and shoes and ties and belts? Of course not. That's not news. Neither are business suits for a woman or dresses or pumps or eyeglasses. Freaking ridiculous. Anyone in the public eye has someone that assists in dressing them from news anchors to politicians. And if they didn't then we would hear how horrible they dress on these same network newscasts and how they desperately need help. I just think it is something else for the media to harp on. Sorry. Had to get that out of my system.

Did I mention that I finally started my Christmas shopping?? I am usually almost done with my kids by this date in time. But I am just getting started, and that is a little scary to me. I got Madalyn the Barbie Diamond Castle and a couple of the princess Barbies. She will be so excited!! Madalyn is all about the Barbies right now, so that will be a lot of fun. As for David, I have absolutely no idea what to get him for Christmas. What do you get a seven year old that already has everything and is slowly growing out of the toy phase? I am sure I will figure something out.

Anyway. Happy Friday to all. We are looking for a little rain today of which I am grateful. We need some rain. And I need a rainy day where no one expects me to leave the house for any reason and I can just be a little lazy. I mean, I did clean carpets yesterday.

2 comments:

Chelle said...

Man, I wish The Girl was still in the Barbie phase. But, thank goodness she never got into that Bratz crap-that was some messed up shit.

RunnerMom said...

I love Barbies! I'll have to check that one out.

My now 8 year old still loves Legos and building toys. He's also discovered chapter books, but that's not a very exciting gift. They have so much, it's sooo hard to even think about!