Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Can we vote today, please?

I don't know about the rest of the country, but I will be so glad to flip my lever or fill in my bubble or whatever method we have around here these days. I am so sick of listening to the campaign coverage. I think I have made myself perfectly clear that I like neither men, though they both strike me as incredibly intelligent people and I am sure one of them can step on in there and make just as much a mess of things as anyone else.

Last night, on our local news, they did a segment where they go to various small towns in our fair state and talk to the voters. Spectacular journalism. I forget where they were last night, but it is safe to say that it was a tiny Alabama town - a quaint little old village atmosphere behind the young voter they were interviewing. She had just registered to vote that day, coincidentally, and spoke freely about her candidate of choice and about the importance to vote.

When asked about the candidates, in her reply she said, "I mean, Senator Palin just don't have the smarts for the job." Of course, I am paraphrasing somewhat, but it is shockingly close to her exact words, grammar and all.

Hmmm. I don't know much, and I have been a registered voter for a few days more than she perhaps. But I could have sworn that Sarah Palin is the only one in the race that isn't a Senator.

Well, whatever she is - Senator, Governor, Maverick, or Hockey Mom - she don't got the smarts for the job according to our fresh voter. And said voter don't got the smarts to make a decision about the job.

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

And what is equally sad is when you start to wonder how many other voters are just like her out there.

Erika said...

What?! You mean there is a woman running in this gosh durn race? I'm voting for the Peace & Green party all the way.

Speaking of, what is sad to me is that there are so many candidates listed and one of them may actually be a good person for the job, but we don't hear nar a word on them.

Erika said...

You've been pimped. :p

SuZ said...

I'm with Erika on this one...

RunnerMom said...

I'm soooo tired of it, too. My hubby decided to put a bumper sticker on his car, and it's not for the popular choice in this neighborhood. I'm so paranoid his car will be vandalized and that's just sad.

A voter was interviewed on tv the other day and was asked if Sarah Palin would make a good vice president to BARACK OBAMA and the voter said, "Yes, I'm sure she'll do fine." They didn't even know which candidate was running with whom.

Like you said, it's going to be difficult either way! Look at what the new president is inheriting.