Tuesday, October 21, 2008

All I wanna do is clean my carpets...

All I have wanted to do since August is get my carpets cleaned. My grandmother had most of her carpet removed a couple of years ago, and she gave me her carpet cleaner. So one would think with your very own machine that getting it done wouldn't be so difficult. It just seems like it has been one thing after another lately. And needless to say, the carpets stay last on the list.

I had it in my head to get them done this week. Madalyn was sick last week and missed two out of three of her days. So I just knew that this week would be perfect. But now David is home. Still. Still running fever and now complaining of his throat. And still has the most foul smelling substance coming out of him. I didn't realize someone so small could smell so bad. For days and days.

When I called the pediatrician this morning, of course they are booked solid and can't see him today. So we will be off to the Doc in a Box to spend two hours for a throat swab that will either reveal he indeed has strep or that it is just that lovely little virus thing that has to run its course.

On top of that, someone got pulled over right in front of our house this morning around 4:30. I awoke to the blue lights and the conversation between cop and citizen. I couldn't go back to sleep. Just thoughts racing through my mind. I don't know what is up with me lately. I just can't seem to quiet the thoughts. Is it a midlife crisis? I would think I am too young for that. Do I just need some sort of a change in my life? I'm sure I need several changes. I don't know what's going on. But I think I am about to start the cleaning of the carpets and send David away to his room to rest. At least I could get the basement done. And he needs his rest anyway. He may or may not be really sick. Doc in the Box to reveal soon...

1 comment:

Erika said...

Hey, new idea . . .Pimp Your Blog . . . http://momoftwo477.blogspot.com/2008/10/pimp-your-blog.html

Come see!