I love a good tag. My old high school pal, Kristin, tagged me to share six things you may not know about me. So, let me turn my brain on and see what spills out...
1. Like Kristin, my childhood nick name was Stinky. (Kristin, I swear our lives parallel each other's in so many random, weird ways. It is really very strange.) My dad called me Stinky from an early age. Still does. I sign my cards to my dad that way. It really used to mortify me, but now I understand what it is like to have a little name for your child. Just how special it really is. And it is not so bad anymore.
2. I hate coconut. I know hate is a strong word, but let me explain. I don't like the texture. Don't like the smell nor the taste. In fact, I can detect the faintest smell or taste in anything. When I started buying the chewy granola bars for my kids, I kept thinking I tasted coconut. So I looked at the ingredients, and, sure enough, there it was.
3. I am afraid someone will get in my house. Last week, I cut the front yard while Madalyn and David were at school. The garage door was open the whole time. When I was done, I had to go from room to room looking behind doors and shower curtains to make sure there was no unwelcome visitors before I could get in the tub. I know it is irrational, but I have always been freaked out like that when I am by myself. And what seems even more strange is that I feel safer when my kids are here.
4. I will not eat any kind of fruit if it has been cooked. Nor will I eat fruit flavored ice cream. I love just about any fruit in its natural state, but once cooked and softened, it really grosses me out. Yet another issue with texture.
5. I think I have adult ADD. I really do. It just seems like I used to be able to focus more, to get things done, to finish things. In the last several years, my memory has changed drastically. BAD. On Tuesday night, I left the stove eye on with my skillet of taco meat while at football practice(I had my heart set on a taco salad, too.), and it burned up. Thank God nothing else burned. Last night, I had baked a chicken casserole while at practice, and when I came home put it under the broiler to crisp the cracker crumbs on top. While standing right next to the oven doing something else, I forgot about the casserole and burned up the crackers on top. I don't know what will become of me in my old age. It is really quite frightening.
6. Two more pounds!! I lost two more pounds with Weight Watchers!! I am loving this program. It has given me a totally fresh perspective on food, and that is exactly what I needed. And you can bet your last dollar that when I have lost another ten pounds, I will be going on a shopping trip whether I have the money for it or not. I am so excited to finally start shedding these extra pounds. Finally!!
So there you have it, my friends. Six more things about me that you never knew you ever needed to know. And, unfortunately, I don't really have anyone else to tag. Unless you are a person reading this that hasn't already been tagged. I don't have many faithful bloggy buddies. But I love the ones I have!!