Thursday, September 11, 2008

Week One

Well, almost a complete week has gone by with my new Weight Watchers experience. I must admit, I am hungry. But I am also totally into it. It has almost become like a sport - hunting the pantry and fridge like a wolf for the lowest point options I can find. I love a challenge. And this one is definitely just that. I have already lost two pounds, which is a miracle to me. I keep thinking to myself, "Why didn't I do this a long time ago?"

Some things are hard, I will admit. Last night, I bought some Goldfish at Publix (a new flavor - Driving Ranch - why the ranch is driving, I don't really know, but whatever) and opened the little bag to taste them. I popped a few in my mouth and then I stopped. I actually put the bag down. Someone alert the media. Ordinarily, I would just stand there getting the kids dinner ready and snack on them, not once thinking about what I am putting into my body. But last night, I made the decision to think, and I like that. It is hard to do, but when doing the math and realizing that one serving of the little fishes is 3 points, I shudder to think of haw many servings I would normally consume without any thought.

Going to bed hungry - let me rephrase, starving -is totally new concept for me. I am a relatively hungry person, and I spend most of my time in a state of, "Hmmm. I could munch on something right now." But this past week, I have really been hungry. And I think this is how one is supposed to feel on a daily basis. But I am eating ample enough food to survive. I think my brain might argue a little, as I have been a teensy bit grumpy (no, dad, not nearly as grumpy as you are). But the body must adjust because I have found this new sport called point counting.

Me likey.

No comments: