Thursday, September 25, 2008

Stand Still

No weight loss on the front this week. I guess I will have to be proud of the four I have already lost. But it is frustrating to be this hungry all the time and to not loose even one stinking pound. But that's okay; I'll keep going, and I know that more will melt away. I think from here on out, I will have to get more active along with the eating program for maximum results. Why can't they just invent a pill that does it all for you?

I had planned to walk again yesterday... until I got out of bed and my shins were so sore I could barely walk. It is a good kind of sore, but I certainly could not convince them to push through three miles. So I opted for resting them, and I am planning on going this morning after I drop the little one off at preschool. Thank God for preschool. I don't know what I would do without it these days. So I don't know if I should go for three miles today. I am thinking it was a bit stupid to go that far my first time back out on the exercise trail after sitting on my rear for six weeks. But that's just me. One extreme to the other.

On different and varying notes, I am beginning to get a little nervous. This economy is freaking me out a little. Yes, my husband has a job and we are able to pay our bills and eat. But we are a commission only business, and the lending industry has tightened more and more and more in the last several months. And I know it will continue to get worse. It just makes my husband work that much harder. And I know he feels the pressure, as much as he may try to hide it all from me. It is almost to the point where I am ready to turn off my beloved Today Show and tune into something totally different. Thank goodness for OJ Simpson. I can turn to Court TV (actually, I think it is now called TrueTV) and find endless entertainment in his current trial for armed robbery. If you haven't checked it out, well, you should. I have a passion for the legal system and have always just found it fascinating. And what's not to love about OJ sitting in the defendant's seat once again and testimony from his friend's about packing heat. It's the stuff of Hollywood. And I love it.

And it appears that McCain wants to put his campaign on hold due to the economic crisis. What?!? I call BS. And I am a registered republican. Maybe all these folks should have put a ton of things on hold a long time ago. All politicians have been jet setting across the nation, and world for that matter, for the past year campaigning while the bulk of America struggles to fill their car up with gas to get to work every day. I just think the elite segment of our country that produces our politicians needs to wake up. And I don't buy into Barack not being an elitist. Just because he was born into poor circumstances doesn't mean he is not an elitist. He no more understands my day to day life than any of the other idiots in Washington. I just don't know what will become of the average ordinary working families of our country who have for the past two years struggled to make ends meet and put food on their table and continue on with life in America. And I have no faith that either candidate has the solution that we need.

Okay. I guess that's enough for one day. Enough of my ranting and raving. We live in delicate times. And I just don't know what tomorrow brings. I am switching to OJ coverage as we speak...

1 comment:

Erika said...

You know what pisses me off? Of they were to take the 85 BILLION they are about to give AIG and distribute to all americans over 18, it would equate to just under $300,000.00 a person, and that's after paying 30% taxes. Economic problem solved!