Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Sick Summer

This has been an unusually sick summer around here. Not just my family, but everyone I know has been really sick with weird random illnesses. There has been some funky fever virus going around, which both the kids had two weeks ago. Two days after David's fever broke, he vomited for six hours straight and then was fine. Madalyn now has something else that has given her fever every afternoon of around 99 to 100 degrees. She has also had this green gunk (for lack of a better term) around her eyes every morning. I finally broke down and carried her to the doctor today and she has a double ear infection. Crazy. And I have something - I don't know what it is, but my tonsils literally itch and I just feel generally crappy.

What is the deal? Shouldn't the kids be sick like this when they are in school and around huge groups of children. Not when it is summer and they are only around an isolated few. Just strange. I haven't really had much to write about lately. We finished up with baseball, and now we are on to the next sport - our first season of football. I'm sure I will have lots to post about that. Football is the one sport I swore I would never let him play. But don't you always end up eating those words? Might as well let him try it at this age when they don't weigh as much and they are less likely to be hurt. Pray for David. He is so scrawny - only 47 pounds. He is average height and weight for his age, but yesterday at their first little practice, he looked so small. We'll see how it goes. I have an open mind and feel certain that if he wants to, he can do most anything.

No comments: