Thursday, May 8, 2008

Thank You, American Idol - Vol. 2

Thank you American Idol for finally putting me out of the weekly misery of watching Jason Castro's attempt to sing. And attempt to hold back his dreads while doing so. I am kinda thinking the dreads have a mind of their own. Last night, he had this lone run away dread that just kept pushing itself out in front of the other little dreads. Maybe it wanted to be the idol of the dreads. I don't know - but if I never have to see Jason Castro's face again or listen to him sing or see little prepubescent girls squeal at him, well, it won't be a day too soon. In other words - I am not a fan of Jason Castro. My apologies to his mother.

In other news, I am enjoying one of my last two mornings of peace in my household. Madalyn's last day of preschool is Tuesday, and at that point I am just planning on replacing the morning coffee with a shot of whiskey. And repeating several times a day. Not really, but I am not quite certain how we are going to make it through the summer. I am about to have to tighten the reigns around here. I have already forbidden her from carrying food onto the carpet, and I think there will be many other things I will just have to get serious about around here. I need to regain (or gain) control over her. Easier said than done.

No comments: