Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Shameless Gloating




Well, the regular season of baseball is complete. And David's little team came in first place in his league. And he was so excited. He has really become a good player. And just like everything else your kids do in life, it is so amazing to watch them transition into a real person. Like when they learn to walk or talk or read their first book or write their name. To see this little person emerge with their likes and dislikes, their talents and mishaps, their knowledge and mistakes - well, it is just truly a miracle. I am so proud of David. And I know that I don't show it enough. I am hard on him, but I guess that's probably true for most firstborn in each family. But David really does have more talent in his pinky finger than I do in my whole body, and I don't want to see him waste any of it. It has just really been a fun year - six. He has way more as far as logical thinking. He has learned so much in school, and we can no longer talk about things in front of him by spelling words because he figures it all out. He is incredibly compassionate to others around him. I have seen him put his arm around another player on his team when they got out. He put together a bag of stuff and made a card for the little girl that lost her mother in his class - all on his own. It is just so crazy. I can't even put into words how much he has matured in one year's time. Okay - I am going to make myself cry, so I'll leave you with a few pictures of my little first baseman.