Thursday, May 15, 2008

Rare Event

Today, I did something I rarely do. It happens so rarely that when I do it, I chalk it up to the fact that I must have really needed it. I took a nap.

This morning, I woke up and my back was hurting in a major way. A way like I have never experienced before (thank you, new running habit!). We had our end of the year program at Madalyn's little school, so when we got home, I curled up on the couch with a pillow in between my legs and just laid. And laid. And laid some more. Later, I laid Madalyn down for a nap, and upon threatening her life, she actually fell asleep. I followed close behind her and awoke in one of those dreamy states: "What just happened? Did I fall asleep? What time is it? Where am I?" You know the drill. That feeling that feels oh so strange but oh so good at the same time. Because I am just so not a napper.

There's just nothing like an unexpected afternoon nap. It's good for the soul. Maybe that's all I needed to lift my mood on this gloomy rainy grey day - a good old fashioned power nap.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Oh for a nap! My children are still the age that I would never be left alone. I look forward to a nap again!