Friday, April 11, 2008

Well...

Well, another booty kickin' on the tee ball field last night. Let me clarify; we did the kickin'. Thank goodness. Scott and I are totally amazed at the talent these little rug rats have. And they are so serious about it. It is really the cutest thing ever. So, after the game, we indulged in some good old fashioned ball park concessions. Hot dog, french fries, fountain drinks, and $0.75 ring pops. Who could ask for more. And I stood there, watching my kids run around like savages, their lips all stained various colors from candy and snow cones, and I thought to myself, "Dear God, who have I become?" For goodness sakes, I am the freaking team mom for my son's tee ball team. My daughter spends more time at a baseball practice or field than she does at home. We are living the American dream. A little scary, isn't it?

Anywho - my throat is and endless stream of snot. And my right eye is completely bloodshot from me scratching the mess out of it last night. Spring has definitely sprung. And so have the seasonal allergies. And sitting in the midst of it all the time is getting to me. Good news is that this spring it seems like we will get more rain than last year, and that always helps to wash away the pollen and make things fresh again. Right now, I would really love to cut my nose off completely with all the trouble it is giving me all around. But that wouldn't be all that attractive. So I think I will wait it out and see if any of my issues clear up before taking such drastic measures.

So, today promises to be a boring day. And I like it! We are scheduled for a game tonight, but it doesn't look like the weather will cooperate for this one. Great. That's just more work for this team mom. Reorganizing and reminding the troops of all their duties. I don't know what I was thinking when I volunteered, but I don't think it was a complete thought.

No comments: