Friday, April 25, 2008

Random Ramblings

Why in the world does Publix insist on putting their cereal on sale for buy one get one free? Especially the sugary types like Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Because I never buy cereals like that unless they are on sale at Publix, and then I go home and sit down and eat half the box. Then I am nauseated for the rest of the day. Why don't they ever put things like milk and bread and cheese at buy one get one free?

Madalyn has learned to unbuckle the top portion of the five point harness. We both discovered this while traveling at the speed of 75 mph headed north on I-65. I turned around to see that the top straps were off her shoulders and she was performing some acrobatic move. I went to swipe her leg with my hand, and I must say she has fantastic reflexes, that girl. She can avoid a hand slap in any situation. She doesn't get that from me.

David just walked to school by himself for the first (and probably last) time this morning. He saw the girl across the street, who is in the third grade, walk by and I told him to catch up with her. So I stood in the driveway and watched. She was booking it, and even going as fast as he could go he never caught up to her. See, our back yard backs up to the front yard of the school. We just walk four houses down and there is a sidewalk that goes straight to the side entrance of the school. So I had to walk to my neighbor's driveway to peek and see if he made it to the door. And he did. He is growing up way too fast. I don't think I will let him do that again this year.

That's all the random thoughts of my mind for this morning. This has been a crazy week. We have had baseball every night, I have been cleaning carpets and bathrooms galore, and today I am cutting the grass. I am ready for a day off. Doesn't look hopeful, though.

No comments: