Thursday, April 10, 2008

100th Post

Well, here's my 100th post. It won't really be any different from any other post I have done. I will talk aimlessly about what is going on in my life. A hand full of people will read it. And I will go to bed tonight and wake up all the same tomorrow. No balloons. No parades. No paid sponsors for my blog. No fame in the bolgosphere. But that's okay with me. I only outed myself three weeks ago to my neighbor. Until that point, not even my husband knew about my blogging habit. He just doesn't get it, the whole blog thing. So, why even attempt to explain it? I have really utilized this little spot to vent frustrations and journal my life. To actually use my brain a little. And it has been fun and therapeutic and nice to see what is going on in some old friends' lives. So here's to the next hundred.

On a different note, I have to talk about my nose. The area that he froze back three weeks ago did just as expected. It blistered up, scabbed over and then all peeled off. And the skin underneath was beautiful. I commented to my husband that it was the smoothest my nose had felt in years. But now, I have an area just to the left of the original one. And it is flaky and peeling and bleeding and gross. And I am a little scared. I have tried to deny the fact that it was starting again for about the past week and a half. But this morning I called and made another appointment with the same dermatologist. I really didn't like his bedside manner, but I would rather go back to the same person who treated the original case. I just don't know what to think about it all. I can already tell some of the lessons I need to learn from it. But that doesn't take away the fear that I won't be alright. I just want to know exactly what this is and why my nose keeps doing this. So, I go next Tuesday morning. And I know it seems so minor and superficial, but it is scary when you know your body is doing something so abnormal. And every time you see yourself in the mirror, you are reminded of it.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I'll be thinking of you.