Friday, March 7, 2008

I've Been Tagged

I am still so new to the blogging world that I feel special when I am tagged. It makes me feel a part of things and like the cool kid I never was. Sad, isn't it? Unfortunately, the only bloggers I know have already been tagged, but I will still share my delightful answers with the world.

What was I doing 10 years ago? Well, I was married to my first husband, Tom. We were still newlyweds, if you want to call it that. I don't really remember much about my day to day life then. I guess my mind has permanently blocked some memories. We were living in Columbus, Georgia, and I was still commuting to AUM for school. Yuck. I really don't want to think about ten years ago anymore.

5 Things on my To Do List today: I have to purchase a baby shower gift for my neighbor's shower this weekend. I need to get on the treadmill because this is the first day after a run that I can walk without excruciating pain. I need to work on that freaking letter to Quicken. And I fully intend to just spend a little cash because we got our federal refund today.

Snacks I enjoy: I am so into pepper jack cheese with wheat thins right now. I am trying so hard to be a little more healthy. And nothing can compare to a good snack size 100 calorie bag of popcorn. I am hopelessly addicted to Diet Pepsi Max, though I only allow one per day. And Special Dark Hershey kisses are the perfect way to finish off any meal (I guess that would be like a desert, but it could count as a snack too).

Things I would do if I were a billionaire: I would pay off our bills (house and everything) then the bills of all our family members. I would give the church here that we attend a lump sum for their building projects. I would give a huge sum to breast cancer research. And then, I would buy us a great house on Lake Martin (that is my husband's dream - to live on the lake one day) and have room enough for my family to come anytime they wanted. Okay - back to reality now.

3 of my bad habits: Eating, or I should say, eating too much. Yelling and losing my cool with my children. And my beloved Captain Morgan Private Stock.

5 places I have lived: Montgomery, AL; Greenwood, Arkansas; Zachary, Louisiana; Marianna, Florida; Columbus, Georgia; Alabaster, AL (I had no idea that I had lived that many places.)

5 jobs I have had: wrapping Christmas gifts at Eastdale Mall (I can't believe you didn't list that one Erika), I was a Gap girl, Barnie's Coffee and Tea, I worked for Regions and I really couldn't tell you what my title was but I did clerical stuff, and I worked at the Dillard's customer service desk for literally four hours. This was when David was six months old, and I just wanted a little part time job to help out with Christmas expenses. After my first shift, I quickly realized that I had no desire to learn how to work the switchboard and use double sided tape to wrap gifts (this was right before Thanksgiving and I would be learning in the heat of Christmas shopping). I called the manager the next day and told him that it was more involved than I thought and I wasn't interested in working there.

Okay, so that's all about me. It has been fun getting the dirt on everyone. I wish I had more blogging friends and I could spread the fun! Thanks Kristin!

1 comment:

Lake Martin Voice said...

I don't blame you about Lake Martin! I love it, too. Love your blog. I have one covering Lake Martin real estate news and area info. Feel free to drop by at www.lakemartinvoice.com

Thanks and keep blogging,

John