Thursday, March 13, 2008

1.25

It's not much, and it is only a fraction of my goal distance. But it was mine today. Every last tenth of a mile. 1.25 miles. Officially a quarter over the mile mark. I am so excited. I kinda thought I could do the half marathon, and I mainly have been trying to convince myself. But today, when I was able to run past the mile mark without dying, I really believed that I can do this for the first time. Really believed it. Did I mention that I am a little excited about it?

So we are officially on our spring break. We've been at it now for about thirty minutes. We are all still living and breathing and no one has been injured. Yet. I have no idea what we are going to do for the next ten days. We have a practice game tonight with our baseball team. Scott is off next Thursday, Friday and Saturday. But in between, there's a high chance that my brain might explode inside my head and ooze out of all the openings of my upper body. My children have been on my last nerve as of late. Well, probably the last six years to be more accurate, but severely on my nerves the past couple of days. We cannot make it ten minutes without a fight, a squeal or screech at high decibel levels, or bloody wounds. I don't know what has gotten in to them, but it seems that all out war has been declared between the two of them. And then there are these odd moments here and there (when they have apparently called a truce) and they truly enjoy one another's company. But it is short lived, and then they are kicking and screaming and whining. So, I will have to find something to do with them so that all of us can make it through the beloved spring break alive.

Did I already say that I am stoked about running the half marathon? I am forever a nerd.

1 comment:

Erika said...

go you! I am supposed to get the treadmill this weekend, so I will be joining you shortly.